Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Our basement.....

So I really can't find the pictures with the water damage, but let's just say it was about 8-10 inches deep and almost everything got ruined...so here is the start of the basement. All these pictures here were taken when my inlaws were still living down stairs so it is a bit cluttered. They have moved out as of last weekend so progress is now starting to come a little quicker. I can't wait for it to get done! This picture is of all of the studs going up on the walls. It has been alot of work and Adam is doing it by himself. I am so proud of him! He is doing great!

This is the lighting that has gone into the ceiling in the family room! It is so nice. It has a dimmer switch and you can rasie and lower the lights! (Sets the mood! ;) )
THis is that ugly pole that use to be in here! UGHH! We are covering it up and making a broom closet which will be very nice! It will at least be covered but we can still have access if the plumber needs to come out.
Here are some more pics of the walls and everything else that was down there at the time. Chaos is the word I choose. Not that I didn't love having my inlaws here. IT was an awesome blessing!!!!! It was just a disaster after the flood and everything was put everywhere!

Now this is what you see when you come down the steps. Nice walls. We are getting there!!


Our entertainment center will be replaced by a nice shelving unit and Adam has bought his man toy....A nice video projector so we can watch movies on a big screen! How fun! The room with the computer desk will be the kids playroom. It will be so nice to have a room to keep all the toys in...and they can stay there!! YAY! All in all it will be so nice to get this finished. We are hoping for three weeks! I will keep you posted!!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh! That looks great! I am amazed at all of the work you guys have accomplished and boy is it going to look nice when it's finished! I love the layout with the play room and the family room. I can't wait to see it in person!