Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Joys of Homeschooling!

SO....after the first couple of weeks of homeschooling I am still sane! I can't believe how much I am enjoying this and how much I have a peace about it. I didn't take as much time with my children before....I was worried about cleaning and life. This has calmed me down...forced me into a schedule... and given me time with my children which I have loved and needed right now.....My playroom is now turned into a school room vibrant and full of colors and seeping with learning.

My Curriculum came in books...8 to be exact for this year. I spent all hours of the night ripping and tearing out page after page, three hole punching them, and putting them into neat little folders so I can copy them for the next child. It was a lot of work but well worth it. Here is my window sill in the basement...full of curriculum and folders and notebooks....



Here is the desk top where the kids do their homework....



This is my bulletin board...(didI mention I stayed up all hours of the night making this myself!) I was at my brothers house...they didn't have a printer or a computer that really worked so this was the next best thing.

We have a calender....with the days of the week and the months of the year...we have a "days of the week" song and a "months of the year rap" that we do every morning. :)
sight words, color words, letter of the week and other things we work on for the week.....

I have a curriculum set up with
Breakfast/Bible time....lessons...activity/free-time....lunch....EXTRA CURRICULAR (music, art, gym, home-ec.- science experiments), more lesson time.... and re-cap of what we learned that day. It's been a lot of fun and It gets my creative juices flowing....

Well I'm off to plan another adventure and do a science experiment.....WHAT FUN! :)


2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so excited for you that you are having such a great time homeschooling. That area in your basement that you have set up is perfect. I love all the home-made stuff.

Stacey said...

Wow Jess! I'm so impressed!!! The "school room" looks amazing and I LOVE all of the things you have done, including the notebooks of organized curriculum! YOU ROCK!!!!