Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HOLYWEEN 2007

I had a blast this year with the kids...I usually try to make something out of nothing and I did it this year with a couple of things....First off Josiah has been wanting to be a ninja for around 4-5 months now....everytime asking me when Holyween was and such....(by the way holyween is what my church calls their little fall festival w/games and stuff and I like to refer to the Holiday as that anyway.) I told him I'd have to wait and see how much costumes were. Well everything was like 20 bucks and I didn't want to spend that much money so a few days ago we went to goodwill....and I found this ugly black nightgown/bathrobe. ( It reminded me of something my mother wore when I was young!) It was perfect! It even had this red embroidery on it that looked kinda asian...so I cut off the bottom...made a ninja belt, arm and leg ties and a made a ninja mask from the arm cuffs and part of the bottom as well. It turned out so cute. I also went into Joann Fabrics that day and all their stuff was 70 % off! YES! and I got a ninja sword...and a pirate sword, hat, and eye patch for a couple of bucks for Ethan.....and Ellie's precious angel costume for only 5 bucks! Isn't she an ANGEL!
Ethan was the same thing.....I found this white shirt I use to wear and soaked it in coffee to get it to look old...it had these huge flare sleeves and I gathered them up and made ties to make it look like a flared out cuff and cut off the bottom and tattered it...found an old leather vest and used my old red Christmas napkins as his belt! Isn't he cute!!!! And of course there is Spiderman with his cocky little attitude...he is too much of a doll! They are so cute!



Here I am getting into the spirit....
(you probably have no idea who I am! do you?)

Well....let's take a loser look and find out...



All I can say is watch out TBN....here I come!! :)

Hope you all had fun!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute. You did a great job. Those pictures made me smile big. You all are too cute.

Amber said...

Those outfits are great! Love yours...I knew exactly who you were :-) When we grew up we never bought costumes, my mom always made them. Nothing fancy, just some simple items, but they always came together. Tony's dad and step-mom usually buy the boys costumes each year, but this year they wanted to rewear costumes they had from the past. Works for me.

Stacey said...

Wow! You are so creative! I can't believe you made all of that!!! Forget cornhole, you should go in the costume business Mrs. Crouch!

Amber said...

I like the new Christmas background layout...I tried to get one but it erased the words I wrote and just kept the pictures. So I just put it back to the way I originally had it. Maybe I'll try again later. I was reading Melis' blog and you said that you are going to be moving in January? Burrrr. I miss you guys too. I was a little bummed that Tony got to see you guys and I didn't in Oct., but I figure I'll get to see you sometime too. I hope that you are all enjoying the snow as much as us.