Monday, June 11, 2007

(.contined) Re-arranging.....and God's Will

SO here is my Bathroom's improvements.....


This is what it looks like when your sitting on the camode!! :)


My beautiful daughter saying CHEEEEEEESE :)

I wanted a more conversational room that was seperate....so I decided to try and see what I could come up with....I also knew that the shelves I was waiting for were never going to get built (sorry honey) so I had some shelves down my basement that I thought would work with what I wanted.......heres what it looks like now....

No the shelf is not crooked....my picture taking is....wow huh?


still crooked picture taking!!

Here she is agian posing for the camera!

crooked again (I could never be a professional!)

The dining room....couldn't rearrange that....


My basement......our projector needed sevicing (almost 200 dollars worth) We sold that on Ebay and went back to the original TV. I like it better anyway.....I had to rearrange the basement too!

Anyway...The kids rooms are all rearranged also. I think I went nuts for a week! OH well...it was fun and kept me occupied....

So....that brings me to my next story.......

What is God currently doing in our lives?????....for the past 6 months we honestly have had no direction.....every door has closed with every church we have applied at......It has been hard! We have prayed and have had no sense of direction....not one! When your in a situation like that you look deep into your life wondering if you have sinned....where you went wrong.....but yet we saw God's provision until the last couple months. Every bill has been payed except for our mortgage the last two months....we are working to get that issue solved....I am not telling this for you to feel sorry for me....I am telling you because I know you pray and I know that there may be a reason that we do not yet see......

This is what God has started....let me tell you another story so you can pinpoint God's fingerprints in this....
The End of May '07 God decided to do something....and stir something.....Adam decided to call one of his old pastor friends that he used to meet with on a regular basis. They hadn't talked in over a year and Adam just wanted to go out to lunch with the guy(TOM). It had just been a long time. Lunch went well and Tom and him talked about many things. By the time it was almost over Tom asked Adam..."Would you be willing to move if that's what God told you to do?"
"I'd go anywhere God wanted me!" Adam said Tom looked at him. "Well, our church has planted 3 more churches outside of our church, and one of the pastor's has recently passed away. Have you ever heard of Iron River, MI?" Adam laughed..."Well yeah actually. My wife grew up in the U.P. about an hour and a half West of IronRiver on U.S 2. Pastor Tom sat back in his seat. "REALLY?" he said "Adam this is really odd! I am not saying it's God. It is just really ODD! Tom looked at Adam "Do you know how hard it is to find people with connections to the U.P.?" "Look at my calender Adam." Tom said as he showed him the book. "First I have lunch here with you at 12:00pm....next at 1:00 I am to call Cathy(the wife of the pastor who just passed away) to see how my progress is coming in finding a pastor for the church! This is really Odd!" " Would you be willing to go up and preach?" Tom asked "Sure why not!" Adam exclaimed.

That night Adam took me to dinner that night at TGIFridays. He hadn't mentioned anything about his lunch with Tom.
The First question he asked me was.. "If you could go anywhere...where would you go?" Of course not thinking in spiritual terms I thought 'he's taking me on a second honeymoon! YAY!'
"Hawaii" I said excited. "That's not what I meant" he said laughing. "if you could live anywhere where would want to be?" I thought about it for a moment....where would I want to live??"Well...I am definatley not a city girl. I am a country bumpkin at heart and you know it so probably in the country somewhere...and my mom isn't doing that great right now so I would really like to be closer to my parents" " But that is just me" I said. "Well that answers that!" Adam stated, and then he spilled the whole story. I actually started to cry. 'Maybe God was in this'. I thought.

Needless to say....Memorial day weekend we went up to Iron River, MI! I told God I would never live back in the U.P. unless he called me. After that weekend I know he was calling me! It is so weird how your heart can be in a place and you live someplace else. God has given us a special burden for up there. We knew if this was God he was going to work everything out.

Number 1. We need to sell our house
Number 2. We need to find a house up there.
Number 3. Adam need to find a job because the church plant is still just beginning to plant.

It almost seems like we are taking a step backwards...Adam needing to find a job, us moving but we know that God is in this....this is where it is at. These people are hungry for a move of GOd and they are desperate for the city to change and all I hear in my head is "Who will go for me?!"

A great revelation struck me as we were driving home. Neither one of us wanted to say that we felt this was God yet. It was too soon for me....then I saw a picture. The pastor that passed away left his wife and 3 children...22, 16, and 15. The 15 yr old is a boy. He reminded me of a fellow that was at Bethel A/G when we first got to Toledo. He was more Quiet and shy......Now that young man (Chris)from Bethel is a leader at our church preaching and teaching and is an awesome man of God. God plain as day asked me. "If you could go to change just one life would you?" I pondered it for a minute. "If you could go for another Chris would you?" That thought struck me hard! I know countless lives could be changed...but if we were to go just for one...would we answer the call?"WOW" What is more important? Making money? Having your name be heard? Or changing a life that might well be the next amazing evangelist of all time that will change millions of hearts for Jesus.

We got home...really felt in our heart that this IS God...and we are moving on. Two days after we put the sign in our yard to sell our house by owner....we have a buyer. Now the next two pieces of our puzzle need to fall in place. Please pray for us. We know God is in this! SO without further adew(sp) We are most definatley moving to God's country up North...they need a revival and a move of God that will shake the streets! Please pray for us as we continue to ask His will! Love you all!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

OH. MY. GOSH.
That is incredible. Do you guys even know what's been going on with us lately? We are looking to plant a church in Waterville this fall. Have we told you any of this? Wow. I am so excited for you guys and can totally sense in my spirit that this is the right move for you guys. We need to get together SOON!!!!!!

Melis said...

Well!! Where to begin!? First of all, I love all the rearranging you did. I especially like what you did in the bathroom--such bright, rich colors. Love it.
Secondly, You BAKED your phone!?!?!?! I've never heard of that before!!! Was that something the people told you to do or did your stinkin' genius brain come up with that one all on your own? How crazy is that--Baking a cell phone.
(BTW--I just upgraded my phone to the Red Razr--I think I' like it, but not totally sure just yet.)
Thirdly, Oh. My. What a story! I can't believe you're going back up north! You are crazy!! But so is God. Good for you! I'm excited to hear that you and Adam are certain that this is God's doing. What a comfort to be unified in such a big decision and at peace with the Lord about it. Awesome.
So now you have a big job ahead of you... packing, moving, settling in... are you up for it? :) I'm sure you are. When God moves and we are ready, it is a pure joy to be so hard at work!
Ok, the last thing I have to say is you HAVE to go back to the Indian and visit it just one more time for me and for Jon and David and for Chris and Sacapoontas (or whatever that crazy dude's name was). Visit the little gift shop if it's still there and buy a pair of moccasins for me.
God is good and you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Who knows, with your God-given bent for interior design, you may even open your own shop up in da U.P. Hmmm, not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all...